Friday, 9 March 2012

Favourite Books: In the Wilds by Nigel Peake

I love books, especially art books, so I thought that this year I would start to post some of my favourites on my blog :)

The first I'd like to mention is In the Wilds by Nigel Peake. I was bought it as a gift for my Birthday and is a beautiful book. It has a sort of linen texture cover which is very appealling. Inside are almost a hundred drawings in ink, pencil and watercolour inspired by the countryside and rural life. I've found it very inspiring and can highly reccommend it.

Predictably I love the birds he draws



I love the way he works with pattern too



Thank you to Nigel himself for giving me permission to post these images :)

6 comments:

Clive Hicks-Jenkins said...

These are lovely. I shall seek him out.

Chloe said...

:)

lauren carney said...

your blog is a whole lot of delicious awesomeness wrapped up in a pretty bow.

to be frank, i find it all to be oh so grand! x

Chloe said...

Aw that's so kind Lauren, thank you!

Linda said...

Now thats a book I'd like to own ....I've just been and put it on my Amazon wishlist :-)
Your embroidered birds are lovely Chloe.

Chloe said...

Thank you Linda :) And I can definitely recommend the book!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...